COURIER & LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (CLMI)
Vision | Mission | Core Values
The Courier and Logistics Management Institute (CLMI) is an academic and a professional Institute that is situated in Lagos, Nigeria. The Institute is the first and the only Institute in the world at the moment combining courier, logistics, management and transport.
The field of Courier and Logistics is relatively virgin globally. In the contemporary times, the business of courier and logistics has taken a global dimension and has become critical in national development. This prominence and the need to promote professionalism in courier and logistics services have made it imperative to establish the Institute to address the following:
- The gap between professionalism and service in the courier and logistics management sphere.
- The dearth of literature in the professional practice of courier and logistics management
- The training needs in the courier and logistics management industry.
- The entrepreneurship of courier and logistics management.
- Environmental impact of courier and logistics management.
- Government policies and courier and logistics management services.
To be the best professional Institute for Courier, Logistics, Management and Transport.
MISSION & OBJECTIVES
To be an efficient, effective and panacea Institute that will train and build highly qualitative Courier, Logistics Transport Entrepreneurs, Management Practitioners and students that are responsive to customer and socio-economic development needs.
Based on the global imperative of education or knowledge as a source of development and a critical resource in the contemporary business world of communication, logistics, distribution of goods and services, the Courier and Logistics Management Institute (CLMI) developed the following objectives:
OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE
- To produce highly qualified professional personnel in Courier, Logistics Transport and Management vide world-class organized training and education
- To provide educational programmes that will lead to certification of professional grades through training.
- To promote the educational development of individuals and corporate bodies through seminars, workshops, conferences, summits and other professional undertakings.
- To ensure that members are professionally equipped constantly through continuing professional education and research.
- To collaborate with institutions of higher learning to develop curriculum on Courier, Logistics Management and Transport with the view to awarding Degrees and higher Diplomas to prospective students through the universities and other higher institutions.
- To ensure practical application of theoretical underpinnings of Courier , Logistics Management and Transport.
- To assist government in the formation of policies on the Post, Courier, Logistics Management, Transport and Regulation of the sector.
- To undertake consultancy services on the Post, Courier, logistics Management, Transport and Regulation of the sector.
The Institute has professional certification in Courier, Logistics, Management and Transport.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP GRADE
The Institute awards and inducts members into the Professional Grades like Graduate/Student, Associate, Member, Corporate, Fellow and Corporate Fellow.